EU.org, free domain names
"Companies have voted with their feet [on the issue of domains], they want to have domain names that are international or at least country neutral. The same freedom should apply to individuals; all individuals should be able to have and own their own domain names".
Paul Mockapetris, creator of the DNS, in On the Internet, September/October 1996.
The goal of EU.org is to provide free subdomain registration to users or non-profit organizations who cannot afford the outrageous fees demanded by some NICs, especially in Europe.
Any kind of help is welcome. EU.org would have been unthinkable without a lot of support of many kinds.
You can see:
- The general policy for EU.org and its subdomains;
- The list of domains open for registration;
- For domains not listed below, use our registration procedure;
- The following country subdomains are not handled here (requests will be rejected), please go to the indicated servers for the procedure to request a subdomain:
- The following country subdomains are handled here, but they have their own Web server for information:
- The DNS exchange page, if you really can't find a server to host your domain;
- The list of Internet-access providers who accept to host EU.org domains for their users;
- Technical information on the DNS.
No support is provided, but a users mailing list is available. To subscribe, send
This site has no relation with the European Union, despite its name.
If you are looking for Web servers with E.U.-related pages, please have a look at:
These pages are Lynx-enhanced. Download your own copy of Lynx Now!
The server is a FreeBSD Unix PC running Apache, a free Web server.